After SNP Councillors Alan Hill and Anthea Dickson prevented the wholesale closure of community centres and facilities in February 2018, a working group was set up with the North Ayrshire Federation of Community Organisations (NAFCO) to develop plans ahead of removing any funding.
They have now entered the consultation stage and it is important that you make your views on the future roles of libraries, halls and centres in your community known.
This stage of the engagement process will run from 25 March until the middle of May 2019. Proposals will then be developed between the middle of May and the end of July 2019.
It will include three main methods of gathering information.
You can provide your views online any time, every day of the week until the middle of May at north-ayrshire.gov.uk/yourvoices .
WORKSHOPS IN LOCAL COMMUNITIES
· Thursday, April 11 - West Kilbride Primary School
· Tuesday, April 16 - Caledonia Primary School, Saltcoats
· Wednesday, April 17 - Winton Primary School, Ardrossan
· Thursday, April 25 - Beith Primary
· Tuesday, April 30 - St Bridget’s Primary School, Kilbirnie
· Thursday, May 2 - St Palladius Primary School, Dalry
· Tuesday, May 14 – Skelmorlie Primary School
Conversation Cafés provide an informal way to share your views and opinions.
Your Conversation Café will be located in your local library and accessible during regular opening hours. Just drop in and staff will assist you.
Other Conversation Cafés will be happening as part of regular meetings and events.
I hope you will take part in this engagement process through whichever means you feel most comfortable.
Please share this so we can ensure as many voices as possible are heard.